Established: mid 1960’s but re-established in 1991
- The HSA won Ryerson Student Group of the Year for the 1993-1994 school year.
- The first HSA website, as well as our current e-mail account, was launched during the 1996-1997 school year.
- Many donations have been made over the years for charities, the Greek community and Greek organizations. Some of those donations include: $250 towards the building of the new Hellenic Cultural Center of the Greek Community of Toronto in 2004. In the coming years the HSA will continue to support our Greek community through fundraisers and donations.
- On March 31, 2009 the HSA was recognized for their “Greek War of Independence” powerpoint that was featured at the GCT gala.
- In the beginning of the 2009 school year the HSA launched its’ “It’s all Greek to me” section on its bi-weekly e-newsletter.
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding was filmed at the Rogers Communication Centre at Ryerson University.
- The writer and star of My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Nia Vardalos, graduated from Ryerson University.
- George Stromboulopoulos graduated from Ryerson University
- St. George’s Greek Orthodox Church of Toronto is located at the heart of Ryerson near the intersection of Gould and Bond St.
|Evolution of the Logo:|
Used between 1991-2002
Subcommittee known as the Cultural and Educational Committee logo established in 1991-2002
Used between 2002-2003
Used between 2003-2009